Thursday, April 29, 2010

what's new...

So here's some new goodies I've been making. The jewelry isn't as crazy but it's super cool. I need to get better at taking pics of myself but Jess is coming back soon so someone can be the model and the other person can be the photographer. These pics work for now.

All the necklaces are modified necklaces from auctions, yard sales and such. The chains I put on them are all new.

This one's pretty sweet....

and you can wear them straight or in a cute little knot.
This guy was a little bracelet and now he's a killer necklace....

This one looks great over something dark....

and lastly, chic meets hippie. I kinda love them all.
On to my favorite thing to make .... POSTCARDS! I've been trying to do more things that are Nantucket and at least nautical. I found a few surfer magazines with a lot of great images...










Then I scored a book about Yankee Whaling with some old line drawings and paintings...






This one floors me... Clubbing seals???!!!



These are from a book of sheet music I watercolored and cut up.
And finally these little gems... My buddy Sara Springer mailed me a few fun magazines that have puzzles and such. They make perfect postcards...



Today the farmer's market entry is due which is why I had to get these images. The market doesn't start until mid June so I have time to really stock up. My friend, Julie Broadbent saved a bunch of magazines the Nantucket Historical Society was throwing out. Lots of great pics in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment