Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Forgetful Valentine

I'm actually sitting at the Muse, the bar across the street from my apartment right now because my internet is down. It's not that bad ... I am only across the street and at a bar. I wanted to share the cute valentine Simon made me but I seem to have left my picture card in the camera, and the camera on the table... the table in my apartment. oh well. I can share some other pics and stories.

Last night was a great Mardi Gras party at Carmen's. She got the King Cake baby at my party last year so she had the party this year. I sported the Iowa mask I made last year, which never goes out of style and my rocking RAGBRAI (annual bicycle ride across Iowa)beads, also representing my home state. Here's some pics from last year... wish Jess was still around, but I'm glad she's living it up on the West Coast.
Our baby in the birdcage shrine.
Sweet picture Jess took. She held one of the "firework" view finders up to the camera lens... nothing short of brilliant!
Carmen came over last week before V-Day to work on her present for her fiance, Chris. She had this frame and decided to cover it with corks. ( I had asked her to gather corks for the craft project we were doing last friday at the bookstore) Since we had so many we should put them to good use.... and she did. She put a picture of the two of them together in it and then painted over the corks with watercolors that Chris got her for V-Day. How cute, right?
I really wish I had my pics because I guess I really don't have as many stories as I though

My buddy, Jeanne, gave Carmen and I some tickets to The Cape and Islands Wedding Affair. She is advertising in Well Wed magazine and donated one of her fabulous cake toppers to the Wedding Affair auction. click here to check out her blogpost about it. [well+wed+cake+topper.jpg]

Jeanne and Jeffrey are on their way to NYC and she sent me an email about this sweet restaurant she wanted to go to. She said it's not open right now. With a name like "Dani" is has to be amazing. :) I'll have to check it out the next time I make it to the city.

I guess that's all for now since I don't have my Valentine Pics. I also have some great pics of the kid's costume design class I taught. The girls I had are so bright and creative, I want to share some of their work. Just have to wait til next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment