Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine Resurrected

Finally! I'm back and I'm packing pictures. I'd actually left my camera at Bookworks so it took longer for me to get my hands on it than I planned. So, a week later, here are Simon and my valentines for each other. Simon made a cute woody token of his affection. Ha. My favorite is that he carried the thing into our room, doubled back into the kitchen for a hammer and was pounding away for five minutes... I had no idea what was going on. The furniture nails, obviously. His attention to detail goes unrivaled. :)
His friend has a huge CNC (computer numerically controlled) router that cuts all this out after you program the design in. Pretty spiffy, huh?
And this is Simon's new day planner. I had originally made him a sketch book, but since he never used that, I stole the pages to make sketchbooks for River and Zeb Bennett.
I couldn't just leave the little book with nothing between the covers so I gave a day planner a go. It's a lot more time consuming than I expected and I did mess up... counting and going thru the days of the week over and over is apparently more difficult than it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment