Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

It's my Grandpa's birthday today. So I'm doing an internet shout out.... Happy Birthday. I'm sure he'll never see this but it's the thought. Don't worry, I sent a few cards his way too.


I'm going to be working on the blog for the bookstore a bit this year. We're going to try out some recipes from cookbooks we sell at the store and post them, have some craft nights in the evenings and take pictures and post those... maybe even some cool movie nights.
It should be a lot of fun. So look forward to that. It's been great to check out all the bookstore blogs and related sites to get some inspiration and try to keep up with book news. Jeanne Van Etten, blogger extraordinaire, sent me links to some of her favorites. Thanks Jeanne. :) So I'll share a few with you.
Book by It's Cover. I really liked the best of 2009 lists. She has great pictures.
A Journey Round My Skull. Jeanne emails me links to this a lot. There's always interesting posts.
Caustic Covers. Another good one to check regularly.
that's just a few... but there are more. I'll add them as i explore further. There's just not enough time in the day.

Christie Cure, my good buddy, is getting back into hosting her "remix" poetry, prose, lyric and any original work in progress, open mic night. I've never been to one of her gigs before and I'm pretty stoked. I'm planning on reading some of my Grandma's work, maybe even a poem from my aunt, since I chickened out at the other poetry reading. I put the flier together yesterday.. we'll have to wait til Tuesday to print them since it's a holiday weekend. But, I'm spreading the word. Come check it out if you're about next Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment