Sunday, January 10, 2010

spoken word nantucket

Yesterday I went on a walk with my buddy, Jess Manning. She took me out to her "rock beach" so we could collect some striped rocks for her collection. As if my new beach exploration wasn't enough, we met Sarah, Len and their new labradoodle puppy. Such a little cutie! They invited us back today for their poetry reading. It was such a great experience! One woman in particular had a really touching poem about her expectations as she went to visit her son at college... a really wonderful piece. Made me think of all the times my mom came up to visit me. Hope real life wasn't too far off of her expectations.

this is the poetry link...

next time i may read a poem of my grandma's... i chickened out this time. or maybe even write one of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment